Our policies are based on guidelines and instructions from the C.D.C. and the KY State Health Department. Kids Center’s policies and procedures are more conservative than what is recommended and required because everyone’s health and safety is our top priority.
If you had potential exposure, we suggest you:
- Self-isolate/quarantine for 3 days
- Be tested for COVID 3-5 days from the first day of potential exposure. Link for a list of testing locations: https://govstatus.egov.com/kycovid19
- If you test negative, you may come back in-center as long as you are not experiencing any symptoms
- If you test positive, follow the instructions and guidance you will receive from the Health Department and your physician. Based on CDC guidelines as of now, you will not be cleared to come back in-center until:
- Resolution of fever (72 hours) without the use of fever-reducing medications and
- Improvement in respiratory symptoms if symptomatic (e.g., cough, shortness of breath), and
- A negative test result of an FDA authorized COVID-19 test
Steps being taken:
- East Campus only was closed for in-person treatment yesterday and today (7/9 & 7/10). Telehealth therapy is available if it is appropriate for your child’s needs. We will resume regular in-center sessions on Monday, 7/13.
- The KY State Health Department was notified
- Any staff that had potential exposure is required to follow the steps above.
- In addition to regular cleaning and sanitizing, both campuses are being professionally treated this weekend by Industrial Cleaning Solutions and is OSHA and EPA approved. The solution is applied touch-less as a fine mist. This is a safe and effective way to disinfect and sanitize all surfaces from wall to wall, floor to ceiling, and exterior spaces while purifying the air.
Please join us in our efforts and practice social distancing, good hygiene, and wearing a mask outside of Kids Center. We will keep you updated as we know more and as our policies or procedures change. As always, please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you and be well,